Skip to content

Suggestion Box – Home

Here you can view and vote on ideas that are brought forward by other parents and guardians in regards to new features that could be added to the My Family Room system to make it more useful to you. To avoid duplication of ideas, we encourage you to check out (and vote on) other parent’s ideas before you submit your own.

Please maintain a level of courtesy when posting suggestions or comments. We reserve the right to delete any comments that are discourteous or inflammatory in nature.

122 results found

1. Request school Change online

We should be able to put in a request to switch schools online. It is such an inconvenient hassle to get kids switched from one school to another after a move, as principals are often so slow on getting in touch with parents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your suggestion, I've marked it as under review so it can be considered for future features in My Family Room.

The process of moving a student from one School to another does currently require school staff to process the transfer as well as transfer documents between schools, however I do see a benefit to making such a request from the My Family Room platform.

Thank you,

My Family Room Support

2. Web and app versions of MyFamilyRoom should have the same functionality.

The app doesn't have the same options as the web version of MyFamilyRoom - example access to registration etc. Both should have the same functionality.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good morning,

Thank you for your feedback, and suggestion.

You will be happy to know that a new version of the My Family Room apps will soon be released, and they will have the same functionality as the website.

If you have any questions, please contact support via the Contact Us form in the help section of the My Family Room website www.myfamilyroom.ca

Thank you,

My Family Room Support

3. If a student is absent unexpected, the notification should go to the parents immediately

My daughter was marked absent unexpected from her 12:05PM class as I picked her for emergency appointment, but I received email notification at 4:40PM which is too late.
    Also, when confirming the absence, I could only select reason and no area to provide reasoning or justification.
    For some absence, I can see my daughter is marked absent twice for the same class and same subject by using code 1 or 11 which does not make sense as there is only one class for each subject per day so how she is absent twice from the same class if the class…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good morning, 

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion.  I have marked this as under review so we can consider adding a notes section to the unexplained absence reply in a future version of My Family Room.

With regards to the notification time of 4:40 pm, it would depend mostly on the time the teacher took attendance, 4:40 pm is an expected notification time.

With regards to a double absence, there are scenarios where courses occur over a double period, in that scenario attendance is taken twice for the same course/class.  To investigate this further please contact the school, or submit a support request through the Help/Contact Us form at www.myfamilyroom.ca

Thank you,

My Family Room Support

4. Phone App able to stay logged in

It would be great to be able to stay logged in on the app on the phone- to further on that idea- have the option to have push notifications for new event/event reminders, snow days, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Memo area

when reporting an absence it would be helpful to have a dropdown area where parents can elaborate further on the selected reason for absence.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Check boxes

How about checking off the box of the kid who is actually going to be absent rather than checking off ALL THE BOXES of the kids who are NOT going to be absent. It’s ridiculous the way it is now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix Absence tool

When you approve an absence after the fact, all you get is the wheel of death, you have to log out and log back in. Feature needs fixing. Also should have option to make note. Ex. my kid missed class because the school made a mistake, her absence was at the fault of the school.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When a refund is issued dont freeze an account. My child is missing hot lunches for the month now!

I was issued a refund because of a system glitch, and now I have to wait 20 days before I can use the account again. The app says to contact the school to get hit lunches paid for in person, but the school refuses to do so. Unacceptable. We should have the option to reload to our account right away.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion!  When a cash-out is requested and being processed we cannot currently allow funds to be added or used on the account.  This may be something that is remedied in future versions of My Family Room and this suggestion is being taken under review.

Thank you.

9. When asked is absence expected.. and you say NO because your child WAS in class (subsitute teacher) - give an option to add this information

When asked is absence expected.. and you say NO because your child WAS in class (subsitute teacher) - give an option to add this information

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. combine all my children so that I'm only getting one email/text or phone call regarding school closures, snow days, or surveys etc!!!!!!!!!

I just received 3 emails, 3 phone calls to home, 3 cell phone calls, 3 text messages in regards to the survey to be completed by the students. Can the board not combine my 3 children together since I have one Family Room account so that I don't get multiple messages for the same thing? It is really annoying!!!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There are absences here that are not absences and it would be great to be able to note that

There are absences here that are not absences and it would be great to be able to note that

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion, currently attendance corrections need to be made and approved by the school office staff, I recommend contacting them to address the attendance issues.

Your suggestion to be able to note attendance discrepancies has been noted and considered for future updates.

Thank you!

12. When a kid is marked as away and the system asks for a reason, it should also include an option for "late". She wasn't away, only late.

My daughter was marked as away because her teacher forgot to change her attendance when she arrived late. when I was notified that she had missed a class, it wasn't accurate. There should be an option to change the absence to late.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Stop counting kids in the dual credit program as absent when they are attending the class at the college

My daughter is in the dual credit program and every time that she has had the class at the college, they mark her as absent. Then when the missed class email gets sent and I use "my family room" to try and have the issue fixed there's no option on the drop down to clarify that she was in fact in attendance at the college. Another option in the drop down for the dual credit program would be helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Search bar

A search bar ay the top of the page so you can quickly search what you're looking for.
    Example: I'm trying to update my husband's phone number but cannot find where to do it. It would be nice to just be able to search it and do it myself rather then spending an hour, unsuccessfully trying to edit information

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. lunch order comments

for lunch orders, such as subway, could we please add a 'comment' box

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. Currently you are alerted of the notifications in My Family Room but the actual notifications were sent to your email address. We’ll review your suggestion for upcoming updates to My Family Room

18. media opt out options

Provide a way to change

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow the Parents to modify or delete a scheduled late note or Absence.

Allow Parents to modify or delete a scheduled late note or Absence that they posted. In case Appointment gets canceled and child no longer needs to be late or absent. Since School said they cannot do it and unable to do that myself.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Wait list information

Please include information about waitlists (like how long you will be waiting, or if your child is on a wait list) for High School students. My daughter is on a wait list to start grade 10. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base